Road hazard warranty
On most Bridgestone, Firestone, Fuzion and Hercules tires, we include road hazard policy as part of the price. Road hazard on other brands is available for a modest additional charge.
This warranty covers tires that are damaged and not repairable under the following circumstances:
- It has a hole in excess of one quarter inch in diameter, large punctures, slices or cuts, or is damaged in any other way which, in the opinion of our trained tire professionals, might compromise its structural integrity.
- The tire has a bubble in the sidewall. This is called an impact break and typically occurs when the tire has hit a pothole or other object, pinching the sidewall between the rim and the object, causing damage to the tire carcass. Air pressure in the tire exposes this weakness, causing a bubble where the structural damage has occurred.
Road hazard warranty details
If our trained tire professionals determine the tire in question is damaged beyond repair, that its continued use would compromise your safety, that it is unserviceable and must be replaced, we will replace the tire at no charge during the first 33% of tread wear. After 33% tread wear, the pro-rate cost will be calculated based on the amount of tread used. Disposal charges on the old tire--and taxes, balancing, and a warranty on the replacement tire--are excluded from this warranty.
Road hazard warranty exclusions and limitations
Our road hazard warranties do not cover tire failure or premature wear due to:
- Irregular wear caused by misalignment or mechanical defects of the vehicle.
- Improper inflation, overloading or driving on the tire with little or no air pressure.
- Accident, fire, vandalism or purposeful abuse.
- Damage from obstructions or modifications to the vehicle.
- Improper installation.
- Cosmetic damage, sidewall abrasions or other appearance items that do not affect the safety or performance of the tire.
- Off-road or commercial use of tires.
Important warranty information
Road hazard warranties are valid only for the original purchaser of the tires. Tires transferred to another vehicle after the original installation are not covered.
In accordance with federal law these warranties have been designed as a "Limited Warranty". Nothing in these warranties are intended to be a representation by us that tire failures cannot occur.
THESE WARRANTIES, IF APPLICABLE, ARE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION AS STATED HEREIN. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW THESE WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER, AND ROWLEYS WILL NOT BE LIBEL FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOSS OF TIME, ROAD SERVICE CHARGES, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF VEHICLE, LOSS OF REVENUES, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY. No claims will be considered without proof of purchase. These warranties give you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.